Winedbg backtrace

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Sat May 24 01:58:05 CDT 2003

Gerhard W. Gruber wrote:
> I spent the last few hours trying to debug Agent. I was setting breakpoints on
> the last function and wondered why this breakpoint is not triggered before the
> crash occurs until I finally realized that the backtrace is upside down. Is it
> intentional that this is the case?
it's the same as gdb for example. innermost frame is always on top

> Also I wondered if it wouldn't be better to
> show the register dump after the trace. If the trace is very long (I guess
> this could be the case rather often) then you always have to scroll up or type
> "info reg" in order to get the dump.
well, the logic is start with the reg dump (because that's where issue
comes from) and then walk up the stack frame...

IMO we should keep this like that. what should be added (as gdb does) is
an output filter so that we don't print more that the content of one
screen and use a more command to go further

A+

--
Eric Pouech