cvs.diff

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Mon May 26 04:11:42 CDT 2003

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 05:03:58PM +0900, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

> > > Huh, why do you think anyone would accept that?
> > > A lot of people still use modem links (or even DSL might be troublesome
> > > for that matter), so using no compression at all can be considered fatal.
> > > For such a strange patch (at least from my point of view),
> > > an explanation/justification is sorely missing.
> >
> > Because cvs -z3 still hangs at the end of any cvs command.
Ah, now THAT is an explanation that gives it a lot of sense...

> Well, after it started to hang for me after a WineHQ crash, I changed it
> to -z0 for once and moved it back to -z9 right after -z0 case succeeded.
> -z9 still works fine for me under both Linux and win2k.
How about leaving -z3 as is and adding a notice about potential hangs
in red letters?

I'm not sure whether we should easily give up on that compression gain...

--
Help prevent Information Technology Fascism! - before it's too late...
http://www.againsttcpa.com