Building documentation start

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Tue May 27 10:04:52 CDT 2003

Mike Hearn wrote:

>JACK is a sound server, like aRts or esound. It's good for low latency
>work but is Linux specific.
>
>I think Wine supports aRts as well, perhaps that should be on the list.
>
>At some point, somebody needs to merge in the improvements TransGaming
>made to wininet (their copy of the dll is based on lgpld code) at which
>point we'll have a dep (hard? soft?) on OpenSSL too.
>
>Hmm. Can't think of any more at present. There are probably more
>though....

I got this list by greping for "dlopen" in the source. I doubt there are
many more, though it is possible. I did not include X11, though
technically it is.

If anyone is using a DLL that is totally dependant on an external
library, and that DLL can simply fail to load if the library is not
there, that would not be on this list.

>thanks -mike

          Shachar

--