Wine folks interested in a CHM spec?

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Wed May 28 08:47:47 CDT 2003

> Isn't the eventual goal of WebCore to de-QTfy them? QT is a show
> stopper due to licensing

WebCore is a set of Qt stubs as far as I know, which map Qt onto the
MacOS APIs. It's like Wine, but for Qt.

> I haven't followed this lately, but I
> thought WebCode will eventually get rid of QT, and that work will
> find it's way into the mainline, no?

I seriously doubt that. You know the KDE guys as well as I do - they
love Qt, and insist on using it for everything. Having Qt removed from
the mainline KHTML/KJS will probably never happen, so building stubs is
a rather lame, but unfortunately required prerequisite to using it.

--
Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com>
QinetiQ - Malvern Technology Center