Wine folks interested in a CHM spec?

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Wed May 28 10:04:09 CDT 2003

> Any current efforts to port WebCore to Win32? Or it's maybe easier
> to create a WinCode? BTW, any idea how big this effort is?

Use Google power dimi! First hit for "khtml win32":

http://khtml-win32.sourceforge.net/

The project seems to have died around jan/feb of this year, but I think
he got most of the classes ported. I emailed the guy a few months ago
about it, can't quite remember the details of the exchange, but I think
he basically ran out of time/motivation.

Running through 3 translation layers is going to suck though.

KHTML -> KWQ -> Wine -> Linux

Bearing in mind KWQ would have to provide a pthreads wrapper around
win32, then have win32 mapped back onto pthreads - ouch!

--
Mike Hearn <m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com>
QinetiQ - Malvern Technology Center