Generating incremental diffs

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Thu May 29 17:16:30 CDT 2003

I need to generate diffs between my previous patch and the current one.
Unsuprisingly (as Alexander is on vacation), the previous patch was not
applied.

When diffing against CVS, I usually just do "cvs diff -u". In this case,
I have checked out a new tree from CVS, applied the old diff on that
tree (so I have a tree that is the way CVS would look if my previous
patch was applied). Now what?

I tried running "diff -u -r wine.ref wine". The problem is that this
generated tons of diffs in files in the "CVS" directory. Don't ask me
why there were differences there.

Any other ideas? I know other people have done this before...

                Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant