Internet Explorer regressions

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Thu May 29 17:44:34 CDT 2003

> I've been trying to force myself to use nt4 mode & nt4 native dll's; Oh, and
> just to make it even more borked I'm using IE6 ;).   Absolutely no dice
> whatsoever, here.  The installation goes OK, but I just can't find a
> combination of native/wine dlls that doesn't go "bonk" real fast.  I think,
> this is about what I should expect with such a get-up, IOW its not a
> regression.

By "bonk" do you mean crash? I found I could avoid a freeze or crash by
running it like this:

wine --dll ole32,oleaut32,shdocvw,shell32,shfolder=n iexplore.exe --
"http//some/address"

as typing in an address manually didn't work too well. I then got to sit
and wait while it repainted massively slowly.

IE used to work quite well, minus the ability to do local folder
browsing. It's definately regressed. I'm going to have to look into it
for work, so I'll let you know how I get on.

Oh, and Greg, what about poor old cabinet.dll? The one I have to set to
native to get lots of installers working......

thanks -mike

--
Mike Hearn <mike at theoretic.com>