Bidi B2 - GetCharacterPlacement order array

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Sat May 31 10:29:13 CDT 2003

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

>On May 31, 2003 05:45 am, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
>

>>+        /* Treat the case where no special handling was requested in a
>>fastpath way */ +        /* copy will do if the GCP_REORDER flag is not set
>>*/
>>+        if (lpResults->lpOutString)
>>+            for (i = 0; i < nSet && lpString[i] != 0; ++i)
>>+                lpResults->lpOutString[i] = lpString[i];
>>

>What about a strncpy here:
>
>+        if (lpResults->lpOutString)
>+            strncpyW(lpResults->lpOutString, lpString, nSet);

Probably a good idea. These lines predate my involvment in Wine, so I
did not touch them under the "it works" discipline. I copied them over
from objects/font.c (GetCharacterPlacementW), and I'm sending out
another cleanup patch that removes these lines. I'll fix the upstream
copy, if you think it's woth it (I am touching that function anyways).

                Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant