Partially implement advapi.ReportEvent

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Sun Nov 2 17:32:02 CST 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 23:20, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> That would be one way to do it, yes. A better equivalent of the
> Windows functionality would probably be to use syslog. Using MESSAGE
> is definitely wrong.

What's wrong with it? My main concern over other methods is that nobody
would ever notice the app was outputting potentially useful information.
At least with MESSAGE there's no chance of people missing it.

The best way imho would be to have some debug channels be on +trace by
default, like OutputDebugString and this event logging system. Syslog is
a nice idea but I think it's primary use if for debugging, so we don't
want it going there....

thanks -mike