copy protection - was: Re: Is it time for playing games on WINE?

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 15:42:27 CST 2003

--- Roderick Colenbrander <thunderbird2k at gmx.net> wrote:
> Perhaps the "solution" is to write a wrapper to load secdrv.sys and
> friends.
> Perhaps in a way like that ntfs emulation project works (it uses a
> reactos
> kernel) or perhaps using an emulator like qemu.

Yes it should be possibe to adapt the work of Jan Kratochvil's Captive
NTFS project to let you load the safedisk driver under Linux rather
than the Windows NTFS driver. I have not tested loading the safedisk
driver under ReactOS but I dont see why it wouldn't work.

http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive/

Thanks
Steven