Forte Agent 2.0 (closed beta)

robert w hall bobh at n-cantrell.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 6 09:12:52 CST 2003

In message <3FAA5A8A.6060001 at logic.univie.ac.at>, Boris 'pi' Piwinger
<3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at> writes
>Mike Hearn wrote:
>
>> You didn't say what Forte Agent is, so I'll assume you mean this:
>> http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php
>> ie, a newsreader.
>
>You are right. I heard that it would be very popular under
>Wine so I falsely assumed it is well known.
>
>> As you're new to Linux I'll point out that you can use
>> several good native newsreaders, like Pan or KNode. Is there any reason
>> you want Forte in particular?
>
>Sure, it is really great:-))
>
>Thanks for your suggestions.
>
>pi

I had always (naively ?) understood that Agent was rather similar to
Turnpike (a mailer/newsreader from the UK ISP Demon, with a similarly
dedicated following); and that it was fairly straightforward to get
running under wine (this was certainly true of the v3, 4 & 5 versions of
TP - TP6 is based on Explorer, alas)

(Haven't tried for a bit - tend to use Win4lin)

Bob
--
robert w hall