copy protection - was: Re: Is it time for playing games on WINE?

Ann and Jason Edmeades us at the-edmeades.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 6 17:14:21 CST 2003

[Ever had the feeling you regret asking a question...]

Possibly another question for Alexander then - Realistically do you believe
that we can ever support copy protection, and if so how?

If we can work out how to load the driver in question (which remember is
safedisk specific, there's others) then are we ok to put dodgy hacks in wine
to ensure the driver gets the results it is expecting? Possibly a follow on
question then is how are we supposed to work out what the driver is
expecting, ie is debugging it a way to go?

Sorry, not being obstructive - I want to stick the the techically achievable
goals.

Jason