New tarball of valgrind for WINE available

Adam Gundy arg at cyberscience.com
Fri Nov 7 04:41:12 CST 2003

At 13:37 04/11/2003 +0100, Lionel Ulmer wrote:
>On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 10:57:07AM +0000, Adam Gundy wrote:
>> that looks like an incorrect or corrupt segment selector (thread local storage).
>>
>> one possibility is that it is trying to use the GDT instead of the LDT - are you
>> using WINE with NPTL? try it with NPTL disabled if you are...
>
>I am using Wine without NPTL support on a glibc-2.3.2 system but with a
>stock 2.4 kernel.
>
>Wine works just fine, it's only Wine + Valgrind that fails.

sorry for the long delay, very busy at the moment.

can you try setting the environment variable:

 LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5

before running valgrind - it really doesn't like NPTL. In theory the 'valgrind'
shell script should be doing this if you have NPTL, but it may not be detecting
things correctly...

Seeya,
 Adam
--
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write,
it should be hard to read, and even harder to modify.