Help with forwarding .spec and DLL overrides for a new DLL

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Fri Nov 7 10:33:03 CST 2003

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

>"Shachar Shemesh" <wine-devel at shemesh.biz> wrote:
>

>>I'm having trouble with my unicows.dll implementation. I can trace this
>>problem down to forwarding entries not working, but I can't understand why.
>>

>Why do you need to add unicows.dll to Wine? That dll is not supposed
>to be a part of Windows, it's just an addtion provided by an application
>to circumvent the absence of the unicode APIs on win9x platform, and
>must be installed by that application.

Because it has bad intereffect on Wine.

I'm not sure where, exactly. Things misbehave (sometimes) with this DLL
present. You get Unicode data sent to ANSI functions and other strange
stuff.

The thing about this DLL is that it is very easy to implement in Wine
(so things will not misbehave). All you have to do is direct all calls
to the real Unicode versions already in Wine. I'm just having problems
with the fine details of the forwarding mechanism.

             Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration consultant