5 games tested in wine...

Thomas Brix Larsen killar at get2net.dk
Sun Nov 9 06:09:08 CST 2003

Hi again list,
motivated by my previous mail to the list,
I have tried some more of my games with wine, and 2 out of 5 works
perfect, but has some minor problems.
Hmm, I guess a trace could be needed on some of them?
But anyway here it goes:

      * Risk II:
The "loading screen" displays, but:
err:wave:OSS_WaveOutInit /dev/mixer1: No such file or directory
err:wave:OSS_WaveInInit /dev/mixer1: No such file or directory
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x404f6cc8)->(00020021,00000811)
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_XF86VM_SetCurrentMode Need to update SYSMETRICS
after resizing display (now 800x600)
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_XF86VM_ChangeDisplaySettingsExW Cannot change screen
BPP from 32 to 16
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_XF86VM_SetCurrentMode Need to update SYSMETRICS
after resizing display (now 800x600)
fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no classfactory created for CLSID
{49c47ce5-9ba4-11d0-8212-00c04fc32c45}, hres is 0x80040154
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...

      * Empire Earth:
winevdm: can't exec 'G:\Empire Earth\Empire Earth.exe': error=21

      * Europa Universalis 2:
Is a bit slow but works perfectly. :D
But can only be started from the konsole. If I try to start it from
konqueror it says it can't find its data files.
Something to do with konqueror not setting cwd? (or whatever it's
called)
The konsole is full of:
err:ddraw:Main_DirectDrawSurface_GetSurfaceDesc Impossible/Strange
struct size 0.

      * BattleField 1942:
Alot of KEYFOUND: ... happens.
But there is never displayed any graphic.
Could this be something to do with the no-cd crack?

      * Master of Orion 3:
Game works perfect, some menu graphic missing, and mouse cursor ugly.
I found something VERY interesting with this game and wine,
the nebulas in game is different in wine and surely looks way better :D.

The mouse cursor thing probaly have something to do with:
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW Animated icons not
correctly implemented! 0x496b0000
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW icon entry found!
0x496b0000
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW icon size ok.
offset=0x496b0108
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW Animated icons not
correctly implemented! 0x496b0000
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW icon entry found!
0x496b0000
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW icon size ok.
offset=0x496b00b6
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW Animated icons not
correctly implemented! 0x496b0000
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW icon entry found!
0x496b0000
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW icon size ok.
offset=0x496b00d0
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW Animated icons not
correctly implemented! 0x496b0000
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW icon entry found!
0x496b0000
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_SimulateLoadingFromResourceW icon size ok.
offset=0x496b0234

Greetings,
-- Thomas