Potential forum at linuxquestions.org

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Nov 10 11:25:29 CST 2003

It's a myth that mailing lists are outdated.
The web-based forums and wikis people are advocating
all have their own drawbacks IMHO.

Why not simply point people to
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.devel
and/or
(or maybe even
http://groups.google.com/groups?group=comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine)

and be done with it?  I detest the idea of using a klunky
web forum; they're usually poorly-indexed, and every
one has a different interface; I'd rather use the standard
mail/news interface, or at least a standard web gateway
like groups.google.com or news.gmane.org.

Do try the gmane gateway for a while before deciding
to chuck it all and go the infantile web forum route.
- Dan