[ros-general] Re: copy protection - was: Re: Is it time for playing games on WINE?

KJK::Hyperion noog at libero.it
Mon Nov 10 19:29:42 CST 2003

At 18.17 09/11/2003, Steven Edwards wrote:
>>The problem is how emulate windows kernel internal behavior (ie assembly
>>tips as NtCurrentTeb)
>We have been looking in to loading this driver under ReactOS and all of
>the functions are implemented but it still returns STATUS_UNSUCESSFULL. I
>think that the imports of "PsGetVersion and NtBuildNumber" might have
>something to do with it.

the driver reads the system's version, build number and service pack, and
fails to load on an unknown platform, but it otherwise ignores the
information. Furthermore, its runtime requirements are very limited - I
estimate an evening of work at most to run it on Wine, since we already have:
  - a PE loader
  - support for SEH
  - a DDK

>The driver works under my Windows NT 4 laptop but not ReactOS. We may just
>have to hard code the values to match NT 4 and it could work.

I believe this is the case