Cross-platform resource API

Jean-Claude Gervais jc.gervais at videotron.ca
Tue Nov 11 12:17:29 CST 2003

Hello,

I'm currently porting a Windows application to the Mac and Linux.

I've got many details worked out but the one that I am still researching
is how to load resources like strings and bitmaps.

What I would like to do is distribute the resources the application uses
as a .RES file that I would then manipulate with something like the
LoadResource function.

I have read that work has been done in the Wine project to make it able
to be used by other projects like ReactOS and Cygwin.

Is the Wine source-code structured in such a way that it would be
possible to extract the LoadResource function and do this?

Is there a simpler way?

I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you.