Cross-platform resource API

Jean-Claude Gervais jc.gervais at videotron.ca
Tue Nov 11 14:24:37 CST 2003

Thank you very much, Eric,

	For taking the time to help me.
	I'm afraid I may not have explained my problem very clearly:

	First, if I use Winelib, must I bind the resources to my executable?
The reason I ask is because since I am developing an application for the
Mac, can I bind resources to the Macintosh exectable? I thought that
that might be a problem.

	I understand that Wine has components in it that are like a system
loader, meaning that it is able to bring the executable image into
memory and then resolve the .DLL entry points it needs. This is more
than what I need, actually.

	Also, I don't expect that it can do this with a Macintosh executable,
or can it?

	That's why I was wondering if the resource-manipulation routines can
read .RES files, which should (in theory) be platform independant.

	OK, so in essence, what I am looking for is portable code that will be
able to walk a .RES file and load things from it.

	I'm not as familiar as many people on this list with the internals of
Wine, so that's why I am asking.

Thanks.