PATCH: handle non aligned mmaps of sections

Marcus Meissner marcus at
Wed Nov 12 11:34:09 CST 2003

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 05:59:31PM +0100, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
>     Steven> --- Alexandre Julliard <julliard at> wrote:
>     >> I don't think it makes sense to use the normal mapping code for such
>     >> files, we should really have a separate loader for the NT kernel
>     >> stuff (which can of course re-use some lower level functions of the
>     >> current loader).
>     Steven> Do we also create a stub implementation of ntoskrnl for the
>     Steven> driver support? SecDev.sys is reported to load under ReactOS and
>     Steven> I would like to help get it to load under WINE.
> More question:
> How does a user program call into SecDev.sys? Via DeviceIOControl()? I
> looked at some .sys files, and they don't export anything. How is
> DeviceIOControl reached?

On load, the loader calls start(DRIVER_OPEN *do, PUNICODE_STRING *name);

The DRIVER_OPEN struct is filled out by the called function, including lots
of function pointers. One of them is called from DeviceIoControl().

Ciao, Marcus