[ros-kernel] Re: suggestion: Get native uxtheme and native common controlls working on WINE and ReactOS

KJK::Hyperion noog at libero.it
Wed Nov 12 14:54:41 CST 2003

At 17.20 12/11/2003, Steven Edwards wrote:
>We have a uxtheme.dll that is being developed in ReactOS cvs also that
>supports loading native WinXP themes

ha! I wish. Nope, mine is a complementary effort. It's a fake UxTheme API
that actually draws in the classic Windows style, to make the future
transition to a fully-themed user32 a bit less painful. I happily leave the
implementation of the compositing engine to someone else

>and we have a theme dumping program.

most of the code is there, but it requires an elaborate workaround to
actually work. I'm not sure why, I think it has to create at least a window
before UxTheme stops hiding themes from it