VARIANT_ValidateType ?

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 06:01:43 CST 2003

Hi Marcus,

> Can you please explain why VARIANT_ValidateType rejects for
> instance VT_SAFEARRAY
> variants (and more) with DISP_E_BADVARTYPE?
>
> Why does it handle the whole range VT_HRESULT - VT_CF as invalid
> (except VT_RECORD) ?
>
> We got one InstallShield regression from this patch (where it wants
> to clear a VT_SAFEARRAY I think).

Hmm, my test harness for VariantClear tests every possible
combination of variant type from 0 - 0xfff, with every possible
combination of flags, and gets the same results under Wine as under
XP here. I'll check that the patch in Wine is current and get back to
you tomorrow.

Cheers,
Jon

=====
"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come;
 Don't you sit around and waste this chance..." - Live

jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com