looking for some help with DIB code from WINE

Jonathan Wilson jonwil at tpgi.com.au
Sat Nov 15 05:47:31 CST 2003

I am working on ReactOS and would like to take the code in
static void X11DRV_DIB_SetImageBits_RLE4( int lines, const BYTE *bits,
					  DWORD width, DWORD dstwidth,
					  int left, int *colors,
					  XImage *bmpImage )
and
static void X11DRV_DIB_SetImageBits_RLE8( int lines, const BYTE *bits,
					  DWORD width, DWORD dstwidth,
					  int left, int *colors,
					  XImage *bmpImage )
And use it as a jumping-off point to add support for RLE butmaps into ReactOS.

Looking at the parameters, I can see that:
XImage *bmpImage is the image itself (basicly, I guess its the X11
equivelent of a HDC or a HBITMAP or something)
int *colors is the color table
and const BYTE *bits is the bits themselves.

since ReactOS is only going to uncompress and store the bitmap bits, we
dont need to worry about the color table or the XImage
Anyhow, what I want to know is what the int lines, DWORD width, DWORD
dstwidth, and int left parameters to these 2 functions mean.