Freeze in Agent 2.0 beta.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sat Nov 15 18:41:44 CST 2003

Rein Klazes <rklazes at xs4all.nl> writes:

> I looked at many of these sequences. In all of them the subthread
> finished well before the main thread executed its Wait. I was looking
> for timing differences between the processing of the two threads,
> checking whether and when the WM_NULL message gets processed. Nothing
> seems to stand out.
>
> Any suggestions how to debug this?

It's a bug in Agent, it is waiting on a handle that it has already
closed. It works in most cases because the handle is simply invalid,
but from time to time the handle has already been reused and the wait
blocks. I guess if it never happens under Windows then it's probably
because there's somewhere that we allocate a handle that Windows
doesn't. You should look where the 0xcc handle got reallocated the
last time.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com