QuickTime Installer/Remote Display

Kevin Cousins kevin at proximity.com.au
Sun Nov 16 17:34:34 CST 2003

Hello,

Given that I've got a situation in which my WineLib application (thank
you for your help earlier in the year) needs to run against the Win32
QuickTime components, then in my development environment (RH9), I can
quite happily run the downloaded QuickTime installer
QuickTimeInstaller.exe to completion (so long as I have

[AppDefaults\\QuickTimeInstaller.exe\\x11drv]
"Managed" = "Y"
"Desktop" = "800x600"

) and all is well.

Running all this, however, in a test environment (RH8 under VMWare), and
the QuickTimeInstaller.exe does not run to completion.  I can make
"wineserver -d3" and "wine -debugmsg +all" output available on private
request.

Can anyone suggest a mechanism for a problem here, or even an approach
to a solution?

--
Kevin.