Netmeeting under wine

Tom twickline at skybest.com
Mon Nov 17 19:57:05 CST 2003

Jérôme Bouat wrote:
> use GnomeMeeting:
> http://www.gnomemeeting.org/

Hi,

Time for me to get into trouble again :)

This guy ask if we could help him to get a win
app that he uses "Netmeeting" in this case to work with
the vine "wine" but instead of help he got use this... as its native to
linux!

People........ Wine is for Win apps!! I know there are many native apps
that will
replace win apps, fulfill your needs but...... WTF is this project
about??????? running win apps on linux??
Not you should use this or that app in its place, but you should use
what your
comfortable with.. what you spent your hard earned money on.. *.* app
Ive for one have used mIRC since there 1.0 days..... anyone here
remember when that was?
but im sure there are people who would say XChat is better.. but guess
what ......
I dont give a shit!!!!!!!!!!!!  I want to use what I like, what im use
to, what i spent my $20.00 on...

Wine is not to suggest native linux apps to its users, but to build
a app so WIN users can see what a real OS is,  and at the same time use
what there use to, what they have spent
there hard earned &@#$@#%#@= (GD-F&ck^ing) money on. And if they
find/run across a native app that
fills there needs then they can make the switch on there own good
time!!!!!!! Not use this as its better..
as there going to think it sucks at first anyway.......

I remimber the days when people ask if Linux would really make a dent as
a server OS.. If it would come and go,..
now we all know Linux is great as a server OS .. its for the most part
the #1 OS when it comes to servers..

The Question now is will Linux be the next DeskTop OS of choice??
I believe it will be,  as native apps close one side of the gap and WINE
closes
the other side.. Its all just a matter of time....... So if your a
developer, user, lurker don't cut our end short
Wine has a role to play in all this.......Remember boys and girls this
is our soap opera, ..... the OS wars..
But guess what the OS war is over as we have won,  now its down to the
apps/desktop..... So if Joe Blow
wants to use his native app we should say great here is the fix,, ill
look,, ill try,, as we know he is using
unix/wine and in the end after they, him , her,  learn about OSS........
they will never look back!

So to sum this rant up.....

In the future dont say use what I use, but help them use what there use
to and Wine will fulfill
its goal.......

Just my $.02

Tom