listview advice needed.

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 18 03:07:03 CST 2003

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 10:56:34 -0500, you wrote:

> On November 15, 2003 09:43 am, Rein Klazes wrote:
>
> OK, this looks good, but 2 small nits:
>
> > -           dispInfo.item.iSubItem = lpLVItem->iSubItem;
> > +           dispInfo.item.iSubItem = isubitem;
>
> I'm not sure if we have to use the original one here or not.
> We should add a test for this mess as well...

I will see how to figure this one out.

> > +        if( !lpSubItem) {
> > +            WARN(" iSubItem invalid (%08x), ignored.\n", isubitem);
> > +            isubitem = 0;
> > +        }
>
> Please use the same braketing style as the rest of the code.

Oops, didn't see that. I will fix it.

> Also, I'm not sure this is a WARN, if this is actual behaviour,
> maybe a TRACE would be better.

I now think this is an error in the application. If I understand it
well, that if the random entry for iSubItem happens by chance to be
valid, the application must get something else then it thought it asked
for.
The makers agree and are willing to fix these instances in Agent, three
places until sofar. But I will run the beta's with listview+warn to
check for more.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes