Potential forum at linuxquestions.org

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Nov 18 09:12:52 CST 2003

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Dan Kegel wrote:
[...]
> >>The newsgroup link is currently wrong(!); it's currently
> > Where did you find the broken link?
>
> Would you believe Mozilla 1.5 did it?  Hard to believe, but true.  Sounds like a bug in mozilla!

I'm using Mozilla 1.5 too but it seems to be working here (didn't fully
test though).

[...]
> Oddly, the 's' needs to be dropped from the gmane version; it's wine.user, not wine.users.

Yes, I believe they just made a typo when naming the gmane newsgroup.

[...]
> I would suggest also linking to the nntp interface at gmane, which is the whole
> point of gmane.  With those two changes:
>
>  > +  <li>
>  > +    [<a href="http://www.winehq.org/mailman/listinfo/wine-users">(Un-)Subscribe</a>]
>  > +    [<a href="news://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user">via newsreader</a>]
>  > +    [<a href="http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-users/">Archive 1</a>]
>  > +    [<a href="http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user>Archive 2</a>]
>
> Also, for wine-devel, I'd suggest adding a third archive,
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=wine-devel&r=1&w=2
> The marc interface is like vi: some people will hate it, but it's very good for
> searching.  Very, very good.

I think it's best not to multiply links and interfaces too much.
Let's get the Gmane links in first. Sending patch...

                            -- from some indian guy