[ros-kernel] suggestion regarding d3d8thk (and directx in general)

Jonathan Wilson jonwil at tpgi.com.au
Wed Nov 19 00:14:00 CST 2003

Personally, I would like to see Transgaming release all the code that they
have that is not copy-protection and is not directx under a true
open-source licence.
In particular, any enhancements (whatever they may be) to OLE and COM.

I think that Transgaming, WineHQ, Codeweavers and ReactOS should work
together to produce one definitive clone of Microsofts OLE and COM
libraries incorperating all the reverse engineering, code hacking and so on
necessary to clone these key windows components. ReactOS benifits in that
they get the OLE support needed to make lots of modern stuff run.
WINE benifits in that people wont need to install dcom98 anymore to get
usable OLE libraries (which is probobly illegal under the dcom98 licence
anyhow). And Codeweavers and Transgaming benifit in that the apps/games
they support all use OLE and COM.