WineX relation to Wine

Gerhard W. Gruber sparhawk at gmx.at
Wed Nov 19 12:28:46 CST 2003

I was wondering what is the relation of Wine to WineX? There is a CVS access
to WineX, at least part of it, which is covered under the GPL. What I was
wondering about is, wether this code is the same as wine or is it more
advanced? Or is this code only the sutff which is also contained in Wine and
all the other stuff is (more or less) closed, so that you can not use it for
Wine.
I was thinking about subscribing to WineX, at least a test for this three
month account, to see if the games, I'm interested in, will work. But then I
wonder what this would mean if I do some work for Wine. Is this a problem? Can
Wine and WineX co-exist as an installation and for development?
I know that I was not exactly busy for wine right now, but I try to get pICE
in a state where it will be usefull for wine development, because this is my
primary goal, but if this will be a problem after being subscribed to WineX I
would rather not subscribe and stick with Wine instead.

--
Gerhard Gruber
Maintainer of