WineX relation to Wine

Gerhard W. Gruber sparhawk at gmx.at
Wed Nov 19 15:27:58 CST 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:13:05 +0100, Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at free.fr> wrote:

>From what I know, on some 'non-core business' DLLs, TransGaming took the
>WineHQ tree after the license change and imported them into their own tree.
>So these DLLs (and only those) are covered under the LGPL.

Ah. It was not absolutely clear to me from their website. I will ask them
anyway to make sure what is permitted and what not.

>This means also that if these DLLs are more advanced than the one in WineHQ,
>you can submit patches to merge them back into WineHQ's mainline.

ok.

>> I was thinking about subscribing to WineX, at least a test for this three
>> month account, to see if the games, I'm interested in, will work.
>
>Well, you could also help us debugging them on the plain WineHQ tree :-)

Yes. But for this I want a decent debugger, and that is why I work on pICE. :)
I hope to get it so far as to make it usable for wine development.
I tried to find a bug which causes Agent to crash under some circumstances,
which I can reproduce everytime, but I didn't come to terms with winedbg and
gdb, so I try to make this debugger usuable for this task.
Quite a lot of work to do there. :)
--
Gerhard Gruber
Maintainer of