include files

Ralf Juengling juenglin at cse.ogi.edu
Thu Nov 20 14:12:53 CST 2003

Thanks.

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 11:21, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Ralf Juengling <juenglin at cse.ogi.edu> writes:
>
> > Why doesn't it also add
> > /whereever/include/wine/msvcrt ?
>
> Because not everybody wants to use msvcrt. Unless you need some
> specific features of the Windows C run time, in a Winelib app you are
> better off using the standard Unix C library.

Yes, I need for instance things defined in msvcrt/io.h and
msvcrt/dos.h.

> > What is the status of the include files in msvcrt?
>
> They should work just fine. Make sure you also import msvcrt if you
> use the headers.

... but I also need things defined in <math.h>. The file
mscvrt/math.h coming with wine, however, is empty. So have
to include things from the Windows C runtime library
and the Unix C library. For some reason, the cpp picks
wine's version of 'math.h' first even if '-I/usr/include'
precedes '-I/local/include/wine/msvcrt' on the command line.

So my solution to make it compile was to remove wine's
'math.h'. That's why I would say the include files are
incomplete. How do other people deal with a case like the
one I described?

Ralf

--
Ralf Juengling <juenglin at cse.ogi.edu>