WineX relation to Wine

Gavriel State gav at transgaming.com
Fri Nov 21 09:51:28 CST 2003

Tom wrote:
> Hello Gav,
>
> So in other words these are the AFPL components.
>
> # dlls/ddraw (libddraw.so)
> # dlls/dsound (libdsound.so)
> # dlls/dinput (libdinput.so)
> # dlls/d3dgl (libd3dgl.so)
> # dlls/d3d8 (libd3d8.so)
> # dlls/dinput8 (libdinput.so)
>

> So I take it everything else should be taken to be X11?
> If not can you please send a exhaustive list of AFPL components?

Hi Tom,

No, that's not the case - every line of code that we've added into the
in the WineX tree that is not explicitly under the LGPL is distributed
under the AFPL. Again, from our license documentation:

   "This is not an exhaustive list. Other components that include
    portions Copyright TransGaming Technologies are also covered
    by the AFPL, with the exception of components covered under
    the GNU Lesser General Public License. Details on component that
    include portions Copyright TransGaming Technologies can be
    found via CVS access through http://www.transgaming.org"

We integrate code to and from the ReWind project (X11 licensed Wine) on
a semi regular basis.  When we contribute code to ReWind, those
contributions can (and often have been) be integrated into WineHQ.
We've made a number of significant contributions to ReWind, including
things like our DCOM work, our DIB rasterization engine, our shared
memory wineserver, etc.

Not all of these have made it into WineHQ - DCOM certainly has, and I
know that at some point someone was working to integrate and finish
the DIB rasterizer.  We're expecting to do some more work on the
ShmServer soon, and we'd love to work with anyone who wants to help
improve that and get it into WineHQ.  (Though Alexandre seems to have
philosophical issues with it, so he'd have to be convinced that it
would be ok as an optional feature).

Take care,
  -Gav

--
We've relocated to NEW Ottawa offices. Thanks
for updating your TransGaming contact information.

Gavriel State
Co-CEO & CTO
TransGaming Technologies Inc.
55 Byward Market Square