FreeBSD Compilation Issue

FLRBA Web Master webmaster at flrba.com
Fri Nov 21 11:22:14 CST 2003

I acquired wine from source (version 20031118) just this morning, and I
ran into some issues with an error stopping make in /dll/glu32/, the
last few lines of the output:

------//------
rm -f libwine_unicode.so.1 && ln -s unicode/libwine_unicode.so.1
libwine_unicode
.so.1
gcc -shared -Wl,-Bsymbolic,-z,defs glu32.spec.o    glu.o
glu32.dll.dbg.o -o glu
32.dll.so -L../../libs/wine -lwine -L/usr/X11R6/lib  -lSM -lICE
-lXxf86dga -lXxf
86vm -lXrandr -lXrender -lXv -lXext -lX11  -lGL -lGLU -L../../libs/port
-lwine_p
ort  -lm -lc
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/dan/wine/dlls/glu32.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/dan/wine/dlls.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/dan/wine.

Compilation failed, aborting install.
------//------

- I am running FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #1
- I can compile and run wine via the ports tree but I want to be able to
use the latest CVS for development purposes.

A couple of things I am wondering about.

1) The error I am getting is not coming with a whole lot of information,
is there a way for me to generate a more specific error message?
2) I am not expecting this problem to necessarily be solved by someone
else for me unless this is a common problem (where a link to relevant
information would be nice), but instead do you have any pointers on
debugging/fixing this? I don't mind doing the work to get it working.

I am just beginning to work with Wine and hope that I might be able to
contribute something to the project and I figure making compilation on
FreeBSD as seamless as possible is a good place to start.

Thanks for your assistance,
-Dan-