removed problem with OpenGL extensions under X11

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Fri Nov 21 12:42:22 CST 2003

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 09:32:05AM -0800, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> We should of course report the bug, but I don't see any reason not to
> put that workaround in, since it actually makes the code simpler, and
> I don't see how it would break anything since we check the function
> pointer anyway.

Well, I agree for this case...

I added this check the day I found out that any Mesa-based GL library
returns a non-NULL function pointer from glXGetPointerAddress whatever the
status of the extension ... which leads to crashes if one actually calls
this function without checking first for the presence of the extension.

         Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/