new old winetests

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Sat Nov 22 10:07:57 CST 2003

               Hi Dimi,

I appreciate your support very much.  Now it's just a quick
reflection on the patch you sent, before I can take a closer
look and testing.  Btw, if it's you who ran the program
under Wine, you may be interested in the results:

Tests from build Sat Nov 22 03:29:11 EST 2003
Operating system version:
    dwMajorVersion=4
    dwMinorVersion=0
    dwBuildNumber=67109814
    PlatformId=1
    szCSDVersion=
    wServicePackMajor=0
    wServicePackMinor=0
    wSuiteMask=0
    wProductType=0
    wReserved=64
Test output:
advapi32:registry start
Exit status: 1, errno=0: Success
advapi32:registry done
[...]
msvcrt:cpp
 start
Exit status: 1, errno=0: Success
msvcrt:cpp
 done
msvcrt:file
 start
Exit status: 1, errno=0: Success
msvcrt:file
 done
msvcrt:heap
 start
Exit status: 1, errno=0: Success
msvcrt:heap
 done
msvcrt:scanf
 start
Exit status: 1, errno=0: Success
msvcrt:scanf
 done
netapi32:access start
Exit status: 1, errno=0: Success
netapi32:access done
[...]

It is strange how the msvcrt test is different, but as a
whole it looks like a resource error (missing/wrong test
files).  I arrange the last report to be available at
http://afavant.elte.hu/~wferi/wine/report.

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

>    -- better integration in the build system

You convinced me that this system is utterly and absolutely
far beyond me.  I'd have never invented the amazing
.res.res.cross.o quadruple extension...  Btw, did you take
into account that cross resources require a separate
resource script, too?  I can't tell it from your patch...
You've got RC_SRCS = winetests_so.rc, but what about _pe.rc?
Also, make depend stopped on generated source files for me
in previous experiments.  It may not be a problem.

>    -- supports out of tree builds

What was needed for this?

>    -- cleans up file when winetests fails

May I ask you to point it out?  I can't see it on fatals.

>    -- supplies an automatic build label for unattended builds

Might the CVS date of ChangeLog not be better perhaps?

>    -- remove the WINELIB flag (was always present anyway)

:) Not before I put the crosscompile commands into the
Makefile.  It definitely made a difference, but sure can be
traded for some extra #includes.

>    -- renames removeDir to remove_dir for consistency

That function may be an overkill anyway.  All we have to do
is delete some files and a directory, all of which we know
the name of.  It that's not enough, at least one test is
buggy.

Thanks again, and will change that pesky indentation.

Feri.