new old winetests

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Sat Nov 22 11:32:22 CST 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> For unknown reasons, for msvcrt I get this:
> const char* subtests_for_test5[] = {
>     "cpp^M",
>     "file^M",
>     "heap^M",
>     "scanf^M",
> };

Oh, silly me, I forgot that I already noticed this problem
and get rid of it by putting
sed '1,/^Valid/d;s/^M$//;s/^    \(.*\)$/    "\1",/'
into maketests.  I think I understand this: the msvcrt test
must be linked with msvcrt (:), so printf emits a CR at the
end of the lines.  If we ran the cross compiled tests to get
the names of the subtests, we'd get this all the time.

Thanks for the detailed explanations; I never use implicit
rules (prefer static patters).

> This bit:
>     ... || ( $(RM) $@ && exit 1 )

Ah, I needed that bad!  It was driving me crazy!

> I find the program too quite. I wasn't sure (until I got
> your email) that it ran at all! We should print the name
> of the currently running test, and when it completes the
> status (pass/fail).

I didn't want to bother with this until we decide on the
interface.  I don't know what it depends on whether a
Windows programs opens a console when run, and whether it
closes it instantly when finishes.  Basically, we have to
decide on the interface.  As a quick drop-in it may be
useful anyway.

Feri.