Move the system.ini/[drivers32] section to the registry

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Nov 24 14:42:32 CST 2003

On November 24, 2003 03:00 pm, Eric Pouech wrote:
> the only part that bugs me is that we may use twice the same device if
> it's present both in system.ini and registry. I didn't test how MS
> behaves regarding this, but this may cause some issues.

What about we cross this bridge when we get there? This entire mess
of supporting system.ini is nasty. It just seems to me it's a lot
of ugliness for dubious benefit. As for apps that peak directly into
system.ini ..., let's worry about them when we see them.

I'd just get rid of all *Profile* calls from Wine, and just deal
with the registry. If we need to support it, we can just merge
system.ini into the registry at startup as transient values (can
we do that?), and special case system.ini in the Profile functions
to generate one from the registry. This way at least the ugliness
is in one place, we don't have any duplication problems, etc.

--
Dimi.