Small fontdlg fix.

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 25 11:13:55 CST 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:42:45 +0200, you wrote:

> Rein Klazes wrote:
>
> >         HPEN hOrigPen;
> >         HFONT hOrigFont;
> >         COLORREF rgbPrev;
> >-        WCHAR sample[SAMPLE_EXTLEN+5]={'A','a','B','b'};
> >+        WCHAR sample[SAMPLE_EXTLEN+9]={'A','a','B','b','Y','y','Z','z'};
> >

> This is wrong. "YyZz" are only added if it's a western encoding. This
> already happens (a patch I submitted earlier this year, and forgot to
> add my copyright to the file). With this patch, if you view a font in
> it's Western encoding, you get a sample that says "AaBbYyZzYyZz".
>
> If you view a font in another encoding (say, Hebrew, because that's the
> only one that was fed in), you get "AaBbYyZzðñùú", instead of
> "AaBbðñùú", like it is on Windows 2000, and like it makes sense (we want
> to spare some space).

OK, I'l resubmit in a moment. There must be something else going on
here. It is not essential anyway.

Just two questions:

- Why don't I see this? Even with selecting a font with Hebrew encoding
I only see the AaBb string.

- How did you see the example before, as screen coordinates and client
coordinates where mixed up: I never saw the example text.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl