new old winetests

Ferenc Wagner wferi at afavant.elte.hu
Tue Nov 25 13:09:09 CST 2003

Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> writes:

> Ferenc Wagner <wferi at afavant.elte.hu> writes:
>
>> What about this:
>>
>>     makename="$BINDIR/`dirname $test`/Makefile.in"
>>     [...]
>>             sed -n '/^CTESTS =/,/[^\]$/{s/^CTESTS =//;s/\\$//;s/\([0-9a-zA-Z_]*\)\.c/"\1",/g;p;}' $makename
>>
>> that is, extracting the subtest names from the corresponding
>> Makefile.in?
>
> It's still fairly ugly IMO. Doing this at run time would be a lot
> cleaner.

String processing in C is seldom clean, especially if you
want to make it portable...  But for the challenge, I gave
it a shot.

It took 79 (not exactly clean) lines (get_subtests).  If
you still prefer this, be it.  The build definitely got
simpler.

But anyway, please tell all your objections, so that we can
work towards making it suitable for inclusion!  I am sending
a tarball of the present state to this thread shortly.

Feri.