winehq name

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Nov 25 21:57:25 CST 2003

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> I know we've discussed this before, but I feel things
> have changed and it's worth another try :) Namely,
> have the winehq.org name be the default one. It seems
> virtually everybody (except you) prefer the .org name
> over the .com name, it's way more community friendly,
> and it seems to be the default one on WineHQ for a
> while, without any negative side effects.

It's not that I prefer the .com name, frankly I couldn't care less,
it's just that I think it's silly to change a perfectly good name that
everybody was used to, simply to achieve some questionable ideal of
"purity" of the domain name; and even more silly to have to change all
references to try to reduce the confusion that would never have
happened if we hadn't changed it in the first place. But I don't
really care enough to keep fighting about it, so I put your patch
in...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com