netapi32: implement Netbios()

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 14:16:47 CST 2003

Hi Uwe et al..

Uwe said:
> Saying a little more may help.
>
> What's needed to test you patch? What programs show
> improvement?

Good questions.  I have little test programs that I've
been using, but NetBIOS is hard to test without
knowing something about your network configuration, so
they're not much use for netapi32/tests.

I don't know of any programs that work now that
didn't, except what I'm working on:  I'm trying to
implement the Network Neighborhood.  I've been
tweaking WINE's SMB code to use Netbios() rather than
implementing the netbios-over-tcpip stuff directly.
That work isn't done yet, watch this space for more :)

There was an article a while back linked here about
some HP management program (for their NAS appliance)
that didn't discover their box under WINE because of
lack of NetBIOS support.  I suspect this may now work,
but I don't know.

> Any configuration items needed in a .ini file or the
> registry?

Needed?  No, should work as-is.  You may configure
some things in the registry if you need to.  Many are
configured in the same way as Win98's reg, but not
all.  I didn't know a good place to document these;
comments in winedefault.reg???

> And thanks for your work :-)

You're very welcome :)

--Juan