Wine lecture slides

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Thu Nov 27 08:02:42 CST 2003

Hi all,

The updated slides for the lecture I'll be giving on Sunday are at
http://www.shemesh.biz/wine/slides.pdf. I tried to incorporate all of
the feedback from you guys. I would, still, appretiate any further
feedback you may wish to give.

I also have specific questions, if anyone knows the answers:
- What is the current status of "--with-nptl" on RH9? Is it positively
necessary to include that when running ./configure? I know it's not
necessary when running wineinstall.
- Can someone please verify my knowledge of Corel's wine history

Hmm, that list turned out shorter

Corel-wine:
As far as I could discern from the good ol' web, Corel started it's Wine
initiative in 1999 as an alternative to actually porting WordPerfect and
friends to Linux. They created a branch called "Corel-wine", which was
also open source (wine was X11 at the time, so they did have the
choice). At some point, corel-wine died. Why did it die? When did that
happen?

             Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh