winsock: remove annoying message

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 28 12:21:34 CST 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:31:45 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

> ChangeLog: remove annoying message about missing entry
> in /etc/services
>
> The behavior when the entry is missing is already
> correct, so the warning isn't useful.

Well if that call fails on Wine+Linux but succeeds on Windows I don't
call that correct, even if is not technically Wine that is wrong. Point
is that there is no other place then inside Wine to put this message.

( Compare this to a recent discussion on the gethostbyname(NULL)
behavior on wine-dev, which goes even further..)

I put this in, for a banking program that uses a FTP protocol on a pair
of non standard ports. AFAIK the program is not used anymore, so I don't
care the message going away. But it must go, if would change it to a
WARN or a TRACE, so that at least a winsock trace will reveal the
problem easy.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes