vxd deviceiocontrol hmm

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 28 14:18:11 CST 2003

Folks, I'm looking for advice on implementing
DeviceIoControl for vnetbios.  It's pretty simple,
lpvInBuffer is a pointer to an NCB, the only parameter
to Netbios().

Trouble is, I implemented Netbios() with some state,
all maintained in netapi32.dll.  I need to load
netapi32.dll, and keep it open as long as the handle
to vnetbios is open (if I close netapi32, the state is
lost).

I could:
- use a static HANDLE to netapi32.dll in kernel
- store the handle in the server
- move all the netbios code to kernel, and use
DeviceIoControl to call it from netapi32

Anyone have any suggestions or preferences?  Thanks,
--Juan