SystemParametersInfoA very slow

Peter Berg Larsen pebl at math.ku.dk
Sat Nov 29 11:32:15 CST 2003

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> Initially, I've been trying to get Datarescue IDA working... the actual
> application works fine, but certain operations take a long time to complete
> (e.g. the open file dialogue takes 20 seconds to appear on my 2GHz machine).

> Is anyone else working on this area right now? If not, I'll get going on doing
> something properly.

I am, but I have taken a different approach: The console version idaw.exe
is in my experience 5-10 times faster (analizing) than the graphical
version (idag.exe).

My approach have been to patch the console as the output from the console
is somewhat poor as it is shown in ascii.  Yesterday I sent some patches
that makes the console support unicode and allows the xterm to be resized.
I am running ida in 132x43 which is nearly perfect except for some color
problems.

Peter