Dropped wildcards patch

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at shemesh.biz
Sat Nov 29 19:45:42 CST 2003

Alexandre Julliard wrote:

>Shachar Shemesh <wine-devel at shemesh.biz> writes:
>

>>Just wondering whether there was a reason that the patch at
>>http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-patches/2003/11/0339.html was not
>>commited. My understanding of the ensuing debate was that it was
>>acceptable.
>>

>No, I'm afraid it's not. As I explained, you need to check that the
>file exists first. Also, DOSFS_GetFullName is called all over the
>place, so we need to go through all of them to make sure the behavior
>is correct; for instance your patch will break FindFirstFile since we
>have to allow wildcards there.

Ok, that wasn't clear. I'll have a look.

Are you sure you want the functions to only return the invalid argument
error if the file is actually not found? It creates inconsistancies. An
invalid argument is invalid whether the file is there or not.

Maybe there are other ways to deal with the FindFirst/Next?

             Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Open Source integration & consulting

The opinions expressed in this mail are my own, and do not necessarily
represent the opinions of my employer.
Wait! I am self employed! Hmm...