[Curses] Choose curses so library at startup (4/5)

Peter Berg Larsen pebl at math.ku.dk
Sat Nov 29 20:45:44 CST 2003

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, Alexandre Julliard wrote:

> > Changelog:
> > - Try ncursesw, ncurses and curses so library before giving up at startup
>
> You can't do that, there's no guarantee that the different libraries
> are binary compatible. We need to load the one we built against.

I might be missing something here: The only thing we see by compiletime is
headerfiles. At runtime we try dlopen a library what we hope corresponce
to the headerfiles. There is no garantee that it is.

I was under the impression (from reading ncurses docs/faq) that
compatibility has prime focus. Even .so.4 is binary compatible with .so.5
if I have read it correct.

Peter