Direct Sound problem

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Sun Nov 30 08:12:19 CST 2003

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 12:13:27AM +0100, Kris 'Spike' J wrote:
> Hello there,
> I get an error when starting a voice communication tool that uses dsound:
> err:win32:PE_fixup_imports No implementation for DSOUND.dll.12 imported from
> C:\Programme\Ventrilo\Ventrilo.exe, setting to 0xdeadbeef
> a guy called TD from #winehq @ irc.freenode.net told me to mail this to the
> list.
> Done. Spike :>
Well, it's simply NOT a Wine problem ;-)

For some strange reason you're using a native dsound.dll (one which doesn't
implement DirectSoundCaptureCreate8 even!).

Use builtin dsound.dll and
12 stdcall DirectSoundCaptureCreate8(ptr ptr ptr)
should hopefully work fine then...
(but maybe it's not fully implemented in Wine, I haven't verified that)

Andreas Mohr

P.S.: Your reply address is broken.