Nice work - OpenOffice 1.1 under WINE

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 11:15:37 CST 2003

It is in the default mode. I just installed WINE from CVS on my
slackware server and used the sample .config in the documentation
directory. I dont know what mode WINE defaults too as the Winver option
is commented out in my .config.

I made no changes to WINE to get OpenOffice 1.1 to install. The only
problem I had was with the programs .exe themselves (And this may have
been my fault). I upgraded a existing OO install I had copyed over the
network to my linux box. This didnt work so I had to reinstall OO from
the ZIP file on the website. It renamed the existing soffice.exe to
soffice.old. I could not run any of the other *.exe in the OO
directory. Once I renamed the program back to soffice.exe I was able to
load the writter and the spreadsheet componates with little trouble. I
didnt use tools/wineinstall to compile so I got a ton of warrnings
about missing OLE and COM stuff from winedefault.reg but once I loaded
the registry it functioned at 99% perfection.

Thanks
Steven